The library offers books, newspapers, magazines, audio-visual material, databases and internet access free of charge. You can always ask the staff for help with searching for information or using the library services.
The library adheres to user guidelines. You receive a library card when you register as a user and commit to following user guidelines. Your library card is personal. You are held accountable for all material checked out with your card.
You must return your borrowed items by the due date. Late fees start to accumulate the day after the due date. Please contact the library immediately if the overdue notice is unclear. We’ll sort it out together!
Renew your loans
- by visiting the library and showing your library card
- by calling 040 806 5124
- online at the Anders web library. To do this you need the serial number on your library card and a four digit PIN code. You receive a PIN code by visiting the library and showing your ID. PIN codes are not given out by phone or email.
You can reserve material regardless if it is currently checked out or not. You can make a reservation at the library or through the Anders web library. To use the web library you need a library card and a four digit PIN code.
You receive a notification by text, email or letter when your reserved material is available for pick up at the library. You can choose in which of these ways you want to be notified.
Your reservation notice says where you can collect your reserved material. The last holding date is also specified. At the Kokkola City Library and Koivuhaka and Lohtaja library you will find your reservations at the self-service reservation. In other libraries, you can collect and borrow your reserved material from the service desk. All interlibrary loans are handled at the service desk.
Collect reservations at Kokkola City Library and Koivuhaka and Lohtaja library
- The material is marked with a slip of paper with a reservation number. This is the same number you received in your reservation notice by text, email or letter. Your reservation number is personal and always the same.
- Books are arranged according to reservation numbers.
- When you find your reserved material, borrow it at the self-service automat or at the service desk. You cannot borrow material that is reserved for someone else.
Spending time at the library
The library is open for all. If you disturb other library users by being too loud or if you damage library property, the staff can ask you to leave the library premises.