At Swimming Centre VesiVeijari, you get to enjoy the thrill of winter swimming in facilities specially designated for this purpose.
The winter swimming pool and saunas are available from early autumn to spring:
From Monday 13th September 2021
- Monday–Thursday 14-21
- Saturday 10-18
Special opening hours:
- Swimming time: 1 h/person
- News! Book a session online: https://webtimmi.kokkola.fi
- Restriction on the number of people: max 4 customers/men’s/women’s changing room
- Register and create an account as a private person in webtimmi under Liikuntapalvelut and book your winter swimming session in advance.
- No regular bookings!
- The total price of the booking will be charged if the booking is not cancelled.
☎ 040 806 8042
Winter swim instructions:
- Warm up your muscles well before going into the cold water.
- If you go from the sauna to a swim, let your body cool down before swimming.
- Move calmly as walkways and stairs can be icy and slippery.
- Newer jump into cold water, use stairs.
- Breathe calmly when going in to the water, cold water can cause harmless breathing blockage until you get use to it.
- It is advisable to start by just dipping into the water and then gradually extend the time you spend in the water.
- Dress warmly after swimming and drink plenty of lukewarm water or juice.
- Do not swim while intoxicated or ill.
- Take you friend with you.
- If you have doubts concerning your health, you should first consult a physician and discuss the risk related to this activity.
The number of visits in cold water, the duration of swimming and whether or not you go to the sauna are individual choices. Listen to your own body so you know what works for you.
Even a child can try winter swimming.
Read more about this winter activity and it´s health affects and safety from Suomen Latu link: Terveyttä talviuinnista -opas.
Winter swimming is possible also at the Palma winter swimming site: Palman avantouintipaikka.